Friday, December 20, 2013
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
THE ATARIS ANNOUNCE ‘SO LONG, ASTORIA’ REUNION TOUR
December 17, 2012 – Los Angeles, CA – For the first time in a decade, the classic lineup of The Ataris will reconvene to perform their million-selling album, So Long, Astoria, in its entirety from start to finish. For one tour only, Kristopher Roe, Mike Davenport, Chris Knapp and John Collura will share the stage to celebrate their beloved album, performing fan-favorite hits like “So Long, Astoria,” “The Saddest Song” and their iconic version of Don Henley’s “Boys of Summer.” Support will include:Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World and Gasoline Heart. Tickets for the upcoming tour will go on sale to the public on .
In conjunction with today’s tour announcement, The Ataris has released part one of a new mini-documentary about the band’s reunion and the making of So Long, Astoria. Watch it now, exclusively at Billboard.com: http://bit.ly/1dkWcOE.
Formed in 1996, The Ataris went on to sell hundreds of thousands of albums on small independent label Kung Fu Records before signing to Columbia Records in 2001. In 2003, the band released their career-defining album, So Long, Astoria, which sold over a million copies and spawned the hits, “In this Diary,” “The Saddest Song” and “Boys of Summer.”
After headlining multiple Warped Tours and selling out major tours of their own, the classic line-up of The Ataris disbanded in 2004, leaving behind a legacy of influence and rock-radio anthems that still live on today.
A decade later, that lineup will reunite for one tour to celebrate So Long, Astoria, an album that helped redefine punk rock in the early 2000’s with vivid confessionals and melodic heartfelt sing-alongs.
“I’m looking forward to going out and bringing these songs to a crowd and really giving it our all, and hopefully bringing some of these fun memories back to our fans,” singer/guitarist Kristopher Roe says. “I really feel like the most important thing is to be reconnected with three of my old best friends. I’m excited to go out and make music with them again.”
“It’s a lot of nostalgia to come back and do this tour,” guitarist John Collura adds. “It’s a celebration of what the four of us accomplished as a band.”
“This tour, for me, means more of redemption,” concludes bassist Mike Davenport. “Us four reunited again, performing what I think is one of our best albums.”
“I haven’t seen these guys in forever,” drummer Chris Knapp says. “It’s going to be crazy.”
The Ataris’ So Long, Astoria Reunion Tour Dates:
- Scottsdale, AZ - Pub Rock (w/Versus The World)
- Las Vegas, NV - Backstage Bar (w/Versus The World)
- Fresno, CA - Strummer’s (w/Versus The World)
- San Luis Obispo, CA - SLO Brewing Company (w/Versus The World)
- Los Angeles, CA - House of Blues (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World)
- Anaheim, CA - House of Blues (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World)
- San Diego, CA - House of Blues (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World)
- San Francisco, CA - Bottom of the Hill (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World)
- Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theatre (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World)
- Seattle, WA - The Showbox at the Market (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World)
- Boise, ID - Knitting Factory (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World)
- Salt Lake City, UT - In The Venue (Club Sound) (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World)
- Denver, CO - The Summit Music Hall (w/Drag The River, Versus The World)
- Kansas City, MO - Riot Room (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World)
- St. Louis, MO - Old Rock House (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Versus The World)
- Minneapolis, MN - Mill City Nights (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Gasoline Heart)
- Chicago, IL - House of Blues (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Gasoline Heart)
- Indianapolis, IN - The Vogue (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Gasoline Heart)
- Detroit, MI - The Shelter (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Gasoline Heart)
- Cleveland, OH - Agora Ballroom (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Gasoline Heart)
- Pittsburgh, PA - Altar Bar (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Gasoline Heart)
- Philadelphia, PA - Theatre of Living Arts (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Gasoline Heart)
- Silver Spring, MD - The Fillmore (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Gasoline Heart)
- Boston, MA - Brighton Music Hall (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Gasoline Heart)
- New York, NY - The Gramercy Theatre (w/Authority Zero, Drag The River, Gasoline Heart)
For More Information:
Thursday, December 12, 2013
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
NEW YEARS DAY announce tour with COMBICHRISTRecurring feature on Warped Roadies Season 2!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
After a summer on the Warped Tour and most of the Fall on tour with OTEP, L.A. locals NEW YEARS DAY will hit the road with COMBICHRIST on their "The We Love" Tour. The band can also be heard on several episodes of the FUSE Channel's "Warped Roadies." Check out the show nights!
Combichrist "The We Love" Tour
w/ William Control & New Years Day...
4/3 Charlotte, NC @ Tremont Music Hall
4/4 West Springfield, VA @ Empire
4/5 Philadelphia, PA @ TLA
4/6 New York, NY @ Gramercy Theatre
4/8 Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club
4/9 Montreal, QC @ Le National
4/10 Toronto, ON @ Opera House
4/11 Pittsburgh, PA @ Altar Bar
4/12 Cleveland, OH @ Agora Theater
4/13 Chicago, IL @ Bottom Lounge
4/15 Minneapolis, MN @ Skyway Theater
4/16 Des Moines, IA @ Wooly's
4/17 Lawrence, KS @ Granada Theater
4/18 Denver, CO @ Marquis Theater
4/19 Salt Lake City, UT @ In The Venue
4/21 Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven
4/22 Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theater
4/24 San Francisco, CA @ Slims
4/25 Las Vegas, NV @ LVCS
4/28 Phoenix, AZ @ Club Red
5/2 Austin, TX @ Elysium
5/3 Houston, TX @ Scout Bar
5/4 Dallas, TX @ Trees
5/6 Pensacola, FL @Vinyl Music Hall
5/8 Jacksonville, FL @ Roc Bar
5/9 West Palm Beach, FL @ Respectables
5/10 Orlando, FL @ Backbooth
5/11 Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
NEW YEARS DAY released VICTIM TO VILLAIN earlier this year on Century Media. Check out their video for the song "Angel Eyes" featuring guest appearance in both the video and on the recorded track, from Chris from Motionless In White...
New Years Day "Angel Eyes" video:
New Years Day "Angel Eyes" video:
NEW YEARS DAY online:
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
TO WRITE LOVE ON HER ARMS
Announces HEAVY & LIGHT 2014
Featuring - Jon Foreman of Switchfoot, The Summer Set, Mary Lambert, Anis Mojgani, and Special Guest
Purchase Tickets Today, Here:
Los Angeles - http://bit.ly/IPqBv3
Orlando - http://bit.ly/1bNtkSk
| House of Blues | Los Angeles, CA
Melbourne, FL - December 6, 2013 - Non-profit organization To Write Love on Her Arms is taking their annual event, HEAVY AND LIGHT, toLos Angeles and Orlando in January 2014. HEAVY AND LIGHT is a unique evening of songs, conversation, and hope. For these two shows, there will be intimate acoustic performances by Jon Foreman (of Switchfoot), The Summer Set (winner of 2013 Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star Campaign), Mary Lambert (best known for singing on Macklemore's anthem "Same Love"), Anis Mojgani (award-winning spoken word poet), as well as a special guest (to be announced). All artists will perform in Los Angeles on and Orlando on . For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit: www.TWLOHA.com .
HEAVY AND LIGHT is not a benefit show, but an attempt to move people and let them know it's OK to be honest and to ask for help. This message is shared onstage not only through music, but also through the powerful words of mental health counselors, TWLOHA representatives, and inspiring speakers. Kevin Breel, a mental health advocate whose TED Talk has more than 2 million views, will be speaking at both dates, and Amanda de Cadenet, host of the acclaimed celebrity interview series The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet, will also be speaking in Los Angeles. Everyone who attends a HEAVY AND LIGHT show will also leave with a list of local mental health resources for depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide.
TWLOHA founder Jamie Tworkowski says, "We've heard stories of people choosing to get help and choosing to stay alive because of HEAVY AND LIGHT, so that's the heart behind it. It has become our flagship event, and we're thrilled to be able to bring it to both coasts in January. And we love January because it's a time when people are wondering if things can be new, wondering if it's possible to change and possible to start again."
To Write Love on Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire, and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery. Since its start in 2006, TWLOHA has donated over $1,000,000 directly into treatment and recovery and responded to more than 170,000 messages and emails from more than 100 countries.
TWLOHA was awarded a $1 million grant at the first American Giving Awards presented by Chase Bank on NBC. This generous award was used to fund the nationwide HEAVY AND LIGHT tour in 2013.
HEAVY AND LIGHT 2014 tickets will go on sale this Friday, December 6, 2013. To purchase tickets, get information about these dates, and learn more about To Write Love on Her Arms, please visit www.twloha.com.
HEAVY AND LIGHT 2014:
1/11 LOS ANGELES HOUSE OF BLUES | Tickets: http://bit.ly/IPqBv3
1/19 ORLANDO HOUSE OF BLUES | Tickets: http://bit.ly/1bNtkSk
WHO: TWLOHA's HEAVY & LIGHT TOUR 2014 Featuring Jon Foreman of Switchfoot, The Summer Set, Mary Lambert, Anis Mojgani, and Special Guest
WHERE: House of Blues | 8430 Sunset Blvd. | West Hollywood, CA
WHEN: | Doors: | Show:
MORE INFO: http://twloha.com/events
Monday, December 9, 2013
Thursday, December 5, 2013
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
THOUSAND WATT STARE’S CHRISTIAN MARTUCCI JOINS STONE SOUR FOR WINTER TOUR
– Los Angeles, CA – Hardline Entertainment recording artist Christian Martucci of Thousand Watt Stare will be joining the platinum selling rock band Stone Sour, featuring Corey Taylor of Slipknot, on the band's upcoming winter tour! Christian will be filling in for Stone Sour and Slipknot's long time guitarist Jim Root, who is currently working on the new Slipknot record. He will also be rejoining his former bandmate Roy Mayorga from the former Hardline punk supergroup Black President.
Thousand Watt Stare also features Pat Kim and Dylan Howard formerly of Unwritten Law. From his early punk days with Dee Dee Ramone to current performances with Corey Taylor of Slipknot, guitarist Christian Martucci is no stranger to diversity. In 2010 he recruited bassist Pat Kim, drummer Dylan Howard of Unwritten Law and THOUSAND WATT STARE was born.
The trio released their debut EP, recorded in just one day, to enthusiastic reviews. Amp Magazine hailed them as “the saviors that rock music has been looking for,” while publications such as Roar Music Press called them “pure rock n’ roll genius.” The band spent the rest of the year touring the west coast and began selling out venues as far as San Diego. They added 2nd guitarist Trevor Howard and returned to the studio in 2011 to begin work on their debut full-length albumSilver Dimes. The album takes a shift from the straight ahead punk-influenced rock n’ roll heard on their early EP to much heavier, darker territory. “I’ve been in a few bands over the years that were expected to sound a certain way and it just never made me happy,” says Martucci. “It’s all about feel…That’s the thing that makes this band special to us. There are no rules.”
Thousand Watt Stare’s Silver Dimes is available now from Hardline Entertainment.
Pick up Thousand Watt Stare's Silver Dimes and Self Titled EP at the Hardline Store here: http://hardlineent.com/store/
For More Information:
Tuesday, December 3, 2013